Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (18 hr)
This 3 Day First Aid at Work Course is designed to train people to become Qualified First Aiders in the Workplace. This course meets the requirements of The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, updated Oct 2013.
The course will teach candidates the skills needed to deal with a patient who is not breathing, unconscious, injured, or ill until such time the Emergency Services arrive.
The course also includes what to do after an accident or incident at work, reporting procedures, disposal of clinical waste and ensuring that your first aid kit complies with the standards set by the HSE.
The course can be adapted to your environment, be that the Sea, Rivers, Mountains or anywhere to your workplace.
- The Role and Responsibility of a First Aider
- Assessing an Incident
- Protection and Barrier Use
- Managing an Unresponsive Casualty who is Breathing Normally
- Checking for Responsiveness
- Opening a Casualty’s Airway
- Recovery Position
- Managing an Unresponsive Casualty who is Not Breathing Normally
- Adult CPR
- Recognize and Assist a Casualty who is Choking
- Serious Bleeding Management
- Recognition and Treatment of Shock
- Managing a Casualty with a Minor Injury
- Management of Spinal Injury
- Management of Injuries to Bones, Muscles and Joints
- Management of Chest Injuries, Burns, Scalds, Eye Injuries
- Management of Anaphylactic Shock
- Dealing with Sudden Poisoning
- Managing a Casualty for a range of Major Illnesses
- Heart Attack
Course Duration 18 hours (3 Days) This can be split over a period to suit you, please contact First with Iain so this course can be adapted to suit your needs.
Candidates will receive an Ofqual Regulated Level 3 Certification, a manual tailored to their course and a plastic wallet card with your name, date, and renewal printed.
Qualification Valid for 3 years – annual refresher strongly recommended by the HSE
Location: Anywhere in the South West, Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Avon, and Wiltshire
Can this course take place at clients location: Yes
Cost £180.00 per person (Minimum 3 ) Groups of 12 booked as a group £1800 (Max per group)
We are now based in Bideford, near Barnstaple North Devon and will travel to all areas of Cornwall, Devon, Wiltshire, Avon and Somerset. If you have a First Aid Training need further afield please call us to discuss it.